Detroit....Backruptcy & the D.I.A.

Today's current politicians got your shorts in an uproar? George Bush, Obama, immigration - the "anchors" sinking our ship, whatever - Sound off here! Read the Muslim BS here, 'religion (?) of peace' MY ASS!

Detroit....Backruptcy & the D.I.A.

Postby andysbeef » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:34 am

Detroit....Bankruptcy & the D.I.A.

Can you imagine the gall of the appointed (by the Governor) Detroit City Manager, Kevin Orr who by the way has more authority than the people elected Detroit Mayor, to decide to keep the D.I.A. (Detroit Institute of Arts). Yeah that's right....the people of Detroit don't have proper garbage pick up, live in neighborhoods where there are more burned down houses than occupied or proper Police/Fire protection but they gotta have the D.I.A.. Kevin Orr should be tarred and feathered and sent home packing! He decided that the 'Arts' (Millions $) are untouchable but it's OK to rape the Police and Fire Departments pensions....TOTAL BS!
They should be selling anything they can to PAY for their obligations including the Manoogian Mansion! The Police and Firemen risked their lives for Detroit and now they are being shit on! AND all the while the last few Detroit Mayors were living in luxury filling their pockets with cash.
The current Police and Firemen should walk off the job and leave the City and the Governor hanging and tell them that the D.I.A. has to go and that includes the contents/building/property before they give up one penny of their pensions. Also, the newly elected Mayor should start giving away property with burned down houses (only to registered citizens that have lived in the City, 5 year minimum) with the stipulation that the property would be cleaned up within 6 months with minimum property taxes starting after clean-up or the property reverts back to the City.
And the latest....Detroit teachers will be taking ANOTHER pay cut! But here is the thing that gets me....Detroit once had around 1.9 MILLION people with 9 council members now there are only .6 million people left BUT there are still 9 council members....no consessions there, the political pukes are alive and well! They all say....'yep Detroit needs to down-size', but there is not one City official ready to do what they are all saying, this includes Kevin Orr at the top of the list....pay cut???? NOT HIM.
Hey, I can bitch....I was born & raised in Detroit and lived there for around 27/28 years!
andysbeef

Re: Detroit....Backruptcy & the D.I.A.

Postby andysbeef » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:23 am

Just happened to be watching channel 7's, Chuck Stoke's, Spotlight on the News this past weekend. They had Dr. Antoine Garibaldi Ph.D. on (http://www.udmercy.edu/inauguration/biography/index.htm). He is the president of the Unversity of Detroit Mercy. He made a comment about (Detroit) "asking the community what they wanted". I don't know what community he asked but it sure as hell wasn't Detroit. Again, we are into that D.I.A. thing (I think that Dr. Garibaldi is a D.I.A. Board Member). I don't think that there would be ONE middle class Detroiter that would say they needed the D.I.A., but we still have it!
What I would like to see....the fat cats pulling up to the D.I.A. in their fancy cars (from the 'burbs') for one of their posh parties amongst the ruins of Detroit and coming out of the posh party to their cars with all the tires missing!
andysbeef

Return to Politics and political issues: Republicans, Democrats, State, Federal