Public Office

Today's current politicians got your shorts in an uproar? George Bush, Obama, immigration - the "anchors" sinking our ship, whatever - Sound off here! Read the Muslim BS here, 'religion (?) of peace' MY ASS!

Public Office

Postby andysbeef » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:23 am

How about this (Teddy): You can’t hold ANY public office if you are directly or indirectly involved in the death of someone or involved and or convicted of a felony. You know guys, Watergate etc., and they loose ALL their privileges to their private ‘Salary/Benefits for Life Club’.
andysbeef

Re: Public Office

Postby elliotman » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:15 am

If I am not mistaken, I don't believe a convicted felon can hold a public office.
elliotman

Postby andysbeef » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:13 am

Teddy was DIRECTLY involved in the death of someone and he's a hero.
Remember.....bridge-water-drunk as a skunk.
andysbeef

Postby elliotman » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:04 am

This is true, however, I fear of what might happen in this country if people can be legally "black balled" on mere speculation or hear say.
No, I am not defending Teddy. His case is probably not a good example as the evidence is so resoundingly against him. Maybe the problem here is his status made him untouchable?
Sounds more plausible to me anyway.
Why else would he get off?
Anyways, all I am saying is, the letter of the law must be followed (should have been in his case and we wouldn't even be discussing this right now).
With all its flaws, ours is still the best system in the world. In most other countries, you are guilty until proven innocent and proving that is nearly impossible because there is no opportunity given to do so.
elliotman

Postby andysbeef » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:02 pm

I get sick and tired of hearing the same old thing, "ours is the best system in the world". Oh yeah so why don't we wait till it deteriates to shit like all the other countries. Our system WAS the best now it's getting to the point where we need to do something..........FAST.
andysbeef

Return to Politics and political issues: Republicans, Democrats, State, Federal